Blogs > Lighten Up with Tracy McCarthy

Tracy McCarthy of Mentor said it's time to get her health on track. She said various body pains are a signal that it's time to carry less weight.

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tired

I was driving home from Lakeland tonight thinking about the different kinds of tired we get.  There is the "sleepy tired", the "my body is tired", the "sick and tired" and the "fed up tired".  I am, by nature, a glass is half full kind of person.  I don't normally get sick and tired or fed up tired.   But tonight, I got some not so great news.  Nothing major, but rather disappointing.  I started to get the "fed up kind of tired" and when I got home I wanted to grab some junk food.  I didn't do it because I started to think about why I wanted to eat that.  Yes, I was hungry, it was 7:30 at night and I hadn't had dinner yet, but I could have waited 10 minutes until my dinner was ready.  I believe that it was because I was tired.  Sleepy tired and fed up tired.  We all get frustrated and irritable, but in order to lose this weight once and for all, I think just being aware of my own actions, but more importantly, being aware of my own feelings is very important.  I need to acknowledge my feelings, but don't stuff them down with junk food. Wow!  Kind of a revelation!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home